Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Remember when Clinton supporters were outraged, swore they'd vote for McCain rather than Obama?

I'm seeing a lot of posts in my Facebook newsfeed from friends lamenting the anger of Bernie Sanders supporters, decrying thrown chairs in Nevada (though there are NO videos or photos of such an action), and whining that Sanders supporters are being sore losers and need to think about "party unity."

It all brings back memories of eight years ago, when loyal Clinton supporters refused to accept Hillary Clinton's defeat in the 2008 Democratic primary. They often responded: “Party unity, my ass!”, hence the nickname PUMAs. And they were ANGRY. And loud. And sometimes, downright mean:
  • Hillary Supporters Split "I feel that I’m going against her wishes, but I’m still waiting for Barack Obama to sell me, to give me a reason to want him in the presidency. We’re still not convinced.”

And the pot calls the kettle black. Or, as Shakespeare said in Troilus and Cressida in 1603 or so: "The raven chides blackness."

(no, it's not a racist term - here's more about the origin).

No comments:

Post a Comment