Thursday, March 7, 2019

life: still not simple

Someone said on Facebook that, to be happy, all I had to do was honestly answer three questions:
  • Am I happy?
  • What makes me happy?
  • What do I have to do to make myself happy?
Okay, let's do it:

Am I happy?
No

What makes me happy?
  • Riding my motorcycle (too cold and wet to do that now)
  • Camping somewhere new and beautiful and quiet (too cold and wet to do that now - and lately, no campsite is ever quiet)
  • Sitting in a honky tonk or a small outdoor party listening to GREAT music (nothing like that anywhere near where I am - to be honest, I haven't found anywhere in Oregon like this)
  • Seeing amazing live theater (it's happened a total of one time in 20+ years)
  • Working in a paid job related to my areas of expertise (no further comment) 
What do I have to do to make myself happy?
  • Alter the climate
  • Win the lottery so I can move to a place that has the things I love and so I can do the things I love
  • Get hired in a paid job related to my areas of expertise
IT'S SO SIMPLE I JUST NEED TO WORK & DREAM HARDER

Or something...

Facebook advice is stupid.

Here's another question, of my own, and with my answers:

How do you get through the day?
  • Walking my dog
  • Cooking a nice supper for my husband
  • Watching old movies on TCM and nature shows and documentaries on PBS
  • Reading books
  • Updating my web site
  • Volunteering
  • Listening to music
  • Dreaming of designing and running the perfect campsite
  • Looking forward to better weather for riding my motorcycle.
It's what I got. It's where I'm at. It's the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment