Monday, August 2, 2021

Haters are just... sad

If you don't like me, then:
  • Unfollow me on Facebook if you are a FB "friend"; unfriend me entirely if you want to REALLY send me a message.
     
  • Don't read this blog, or any others I write.
     
  • Don't follow me on Twitter. Don't read my tweets. You might even want to block them. 
It's really that simple: if you don't like me, just ignore me online. No need to comment with a passive-aggressive or dismissive statement on something I'm excited about. I probably already sense that you are bothered by me, so I don't need yet another reminder. 

No, you aren't going to shut me up. 

Maybe my prolific online messaging annoys you. Maybe you don't like how freely I share my political views. Honestly, I really don't care. But I do care when you feel the need to comment on something for NO reason other than to be snarky.  

I have to wonder about you people who are so bent on undermining someone just because her personality annoys you, just because she rubs you the wrong way. You can't stand it when they are enthusiastic about something. 

How do you know if I'm talking about you? Go look at your social media posts and comments. How many of them are about something you think people will be genuinely interested in, how many are about something nice about your life, how many are you trying to be helpful, and how many are a negative post or comment, something passive aggressive, or one of those "Well, actually..." statements? 

I'm starting to feel sorry for ya. I'm really not worth a hater's time. Surely there is someone out there MUCH more worthy of your negativity? 

Also see:

No comments:

Post a Comment