Sunday, June 19, 2022

Join me on Duolingo (I've been on for a year!)

A day in early May was my first year anniversary trying to learn Spanish on Duolingo. I created my account many years ago, but quickly abandoned it. I'm not sure why, after all these years, I decided to try again. June 20 is supposed to mark the day I have done a lesson every day for a year (though I have often used my earned points to "buy" the weekend off). 

Spanish currently has an introductory set of lessons, followed by 10 more, each marked with a "checkpoint". It took me a year, starting from the very first lesson, to get halfway through checkpoint 4. In the early days, I would often do 10 lessons a day. Now, I do a minimum of three.

Duolingo has a free version - that's the one I use. It's not the greatest way to learn a language from scratch, but if you have taken a class, or classes, in a language in the past, it's a great way to keep your skills up. 

If you use this link to join Duolingo, I get two weeks' access to some special features I would usually have to pay for. If you do use that link, be sure to follow me on your account - I'll do the same for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment