Sunday, July 24, 2022

The power of group singing

I bought a very expensive but totally worth it book called 101 Timeless Songs: a resource for easy song leading. I'm using it to learn to play piano, but it's designed for song leaders to use in, say, senior communities. If you are learning to play piano, or guitar, or ukelele, or you want a songbook you can use to lead singing in a group, this book is amazing. Simplified chords, chord charts for piano, guitar, and ukulele, and songs indexed by the number of chords, their key, and relevant themes. "This resource sprouted from the clinical practice of two board-certified music therapists with a combined 38 years of experience."

Order the book here

The very first song I learned to play on piano was out of this book. It was Amazing Grace

I also learned Simple Gifts

And Happy Birthday

It's not the only book I'm using, but it's the most fun. Here are all my imperfect recitals

My only regret is that I didn't start learning to play piano, and didn't have this book, when my grandmothers were still alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment