Sunday, February 2, 2020

What private healthcare insurance is like in the USA

I got this from a friend in Kentucky. I have her permission to post it, with the name of her husband's former employer, through which she got her insurance, redacted. This is a great illustration of how the private health care system works - the one so many Democrats think the USA should keep:

I haven’t been back to the therapist I saw because there has been this big pissing contest between Medicare and Anthem over who is primary for me. It’s taken weeks to get it settled. Just got it worked out on Friday so now I can get back to seeing my providers.

Anthem has been paying as primary for over a year and suddenly decides they shouldn’t be. So they went back and pulled payment from EVERYONE they had paid. So all of my providers are calling me...pissed. Which I understand. So I call Anthem. They can’t explain it. They tell me to call Company Name Redacted. Company Name Redacted can’t explain it. They contact Anthem. Anthem can’t explain it to them. Send them higher up the chain. Still can’t explain it. Send them even higher. Finally someone explains it. Company Name Redacted notifies me. I call Medicare which is a nightmare of being sent from department to department. Finally get it straightened out.


Now it all has to be rebilled. It's fucked up. 

She has stories like this ALL THE TIME. She is someone who NEEDS her health insurance. I hear these stories and think, shit, what am I going to do when I need more than an annual checkup? 

No comments:

Post a Comment